Oil Tank Cleaning
During the long storage process of oil tank, mechanical impurities, sand, soil, heavy metal salts, paraffin, asphalt as well as other heavy oil component contained in the oil product will settle naturally, because of the specific gravity difference. These components will accumulate in the bottom of oil tank, formed a thick and black gelatinous material layer, which is sediment of storage tank. The sediment will increase with the continuous increasing time of oil storage and transportation, over time, influenced the storage and transportation of storage tank, so that it is important to clean the oil tank regularly, which is also required by production safety.
There are four methods for oil tank cleaning procedure: dry cleaning, wet cleaning, steam cleaning, and chemical cleaning. Now let’s talk about oil tank cleaning procedure for each of these four methods.
Oil tank cleaning procedure for dry cleaning method
- Exclude oil stored in the storage tank.
- Ventilate the oil tank to exclude the gas and oil in the tank; and measure the oil tank to ensure that the concentration of oil and gas within a safe range.
- Oil tank cleaning worker enter the tank to clean oil, water, and other sediment
- Dry cleaning with sawdust
- Remove the sawdust, then remove the local corrosion with copper tools.
- Clean thoroughly with mop.
- Quality inspection and acceptance for dry cleaning.